March 27, 2020
Compile-time optimization and better code organization reduced final size by 50-100k for each script file.
March 11, 2020
- Recalculate volatile cells on document load
By default spreadsheets are not recalculated on load if they have calculated data available. In the case of volatile cells, we do want to recalculate – particularly for functions like TODAY() and NOW().
- Prune unused rows/columns on save
December 2, 2019
- Move toolbar into main embed script
The formatting toolbar used to be a separate script, loaded on demand. Because it needed types from other modules, it was much larger as a standalone module (~350kb) than it would be incorporated in the main script (~25kb). Compressed, this makes the main script ~5kb larger but overall is more efficient and saves a network transaction.
- fix rounding in format
In some cases number format used
toFixed, which does rounding inconsistently because of floating-point error. We replaced this with a consistent rounding method.
- fix toolbar menus for IE11
- fix add/remove sheet commands in toolbar
- fix toolbar centering in IE11
- add option to show compressed toolbar (compresses the align options)